bakery + confectionery Algeria
Algeria is the largest sales market for process & packaging machinery in Africa and the Middle East
€480 million – No other country in Africa and the Middle East invests more in modern process technology than Algeria. To increase and improve local food production, Algeria imported €480 million worth of food and beverage process and packaging technology in 2017, after €461 million in 2016.
For comparison: South Africa is the second largest importer in Africa with €331 million in 2017, followed by Egypt with €284 million and Nigeria with €262 million.
With regard to the MEA region, even Saudi Arabia is lagging behind Algeria with €434 million in 2017, as does Iran with €340 million and the United Arab Emirates with €262 million.
Algeria’s imports of food + beverage technology have grown by 10.7% annually between 2012 and 2017
- Bakery technology
- Confectionery, snacks and chocolate production technology
- Ice cream technology
- Coffee machines
- Kitchen technology
- Refrigeration technology
- Distribution systems, table and serving equipment
- Information and billing systems
- Services and concepts
- Artisan, wholesale and industrial bakers and confectioners
- Chocolate, confectionery and ice cream professionals
- Bar & café professionals
- Executive chefs
- F & b professionals
- Hotel & hospitality professionals
- Restaurant professionals