- fairtrade & Messe Duesseldorf jointly hold the 6th plast alger & 7th printpack alger on 09-11 March. Algerian and European institutions and exhibitors were satisfied, especially with the impressive quality of the 3,162 visitors from 25 countries. Due to the pandemic, the registered Asian exhibitors have already been unable to participate.
- Immediately afterwards, the COVID-19 pandemic brings economic life around the world to a standstill. Trade fairs have to be postponed, some to autumn, others to next year.
- The 27th iran agrofood is held in Tehran from 04 to 06 October as a LIVE event with 188 exhibitors mainly from Iran and for professionals only
- The 25th elcom Ukraine is held in Kiev from 06 to 09 October as a LIVE event featuring 128 exhibitors mainly from Ukraine, but also from Germany, Poland and Turkey. Germany is even participating with an official German Pavilion presented by the German Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy in cooperation with AUMA and ZVEI.
- fairtrade goes virtual and organizes Virtual agrofood & plastprintpack Africa – Virtual for all Africa from 23 to 26 November.
fairtrade chronicle 1991 – 2020
Thanks to all who have contributed to the success of our events!
- fairtrade goes Baghdad: For the first time iraq agrofood & plastprintpack was successfully held in Baghdad
- fairtrade joins forces with So Fuar for Agro Pack & plastprintpack Iraq Erbil
- Biggest ever agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria featuring 2,094 visitors (+35%) and 120 exhibitors from 24 countries
- Successful iran agrofood in difficult times of sanctions: 888 exhibitors from 21 countries discussed business with 40,000+ visitors from all over Iran and neighboring countries
- Extremely successful 3rd agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia with 3,205 visitors (+20%) from 20 countries and 153 exhibitors (+170%) from 18 countries
- Opened by the Ivorian Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, European ambassadors and other dignities, the 5th agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2018 was for the first time held in Abidjan, Ivory Coast. And it was completed with great success as a remarkable number of 1,461 visitors discussed their business with 80 exhibitors from 17 countries and more than 50 speakers from around the globe participated at high-profile conferences.
- fairtrade announces two new shows to be launched in April 2019 in Baghdad: iraq agrofood & plastprintpack iraq
- The 25th iran agrofood proudly presented 25 official country pavilions and occupied the entire Tehran International Fairgrounds. 1,225 exhibitors from 29 countries welcomed more than 40,000 visitors from all over Iran and the entire region
- Very successful 2nd agrofood & plastprintpack Ethiopia with 2,673 visitors from 9 countries and 58 exhibitors from 18 countries
- Great 22nd elcomUkraine with 284 exhibitors (+12%) discussing business with 10,217 visitors (+12%)
- Biggest ever agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria featuring 142 exhibitors (+30%) from 21 countries
- plast alger powered by K & printpack alger powered by drupa - for the first time co-organised between fairtrade and Messe Düsseldorf: 5,003 visitors (up 15%) from 29 countries discussed their business with 261 exhibitors (+57%) from 24 countries
- Family business: Paul März strengthens the management team at fairtrade
Since January 2018 fairtrade is being managed by a dual management team, since Paul März joined the management board as the second managing director alongside his father Martin.
Paul joined fairtrade in January 2016 as Exhibition Director. He previously worked for Messe München, first in the strategy department, then as Exhibition Director for the ISPO trade shows in China. Immediately after his studies, he started his career with a renowned consulting firm focusing on strategy and controlling of large enterprises. After studying in Mannheim, Toulouse and Buenos Aires, Paul graduated from the University of Mannheim and holds a degree in business administration.
- agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa 2017 closes on a positive note
- DLG and fairtrade enter into strategic partnership for fairtrade’s agro events of their agrofood shows in Africa
- iran telecom innovations 2017 opened by the Minister of ICT and his deputies – 40,000 visitors discussed business with 200+ exhibitors from 16 countries
- Biggest ever iran agrofood with 1,405 exhibitors from 39 countries and 40,000+ visitors featuring iran food + bev tec, iran food + hospitality and iran agro and - for the first time - iran food ingredients
- Successful launch within iran food + bev tec: Special Showcase Bakery, Pastry & Foodservice with 64 exhibitors of 13 countries
- Very successful 21st elcomUkraine with rising visitor and exhibitor numbers, 256 exhibitors - up 27%
- Start of marketing cooperation between iba and iran food + bev tec
- Biggest ever agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria – Visitor numbers up 15% to 1,958. Exhibitor numbers up 28% to 110 from 20 countries
- Marketing cooperation signed between Messe München’s drinktec and fairtrade’s food + bev tec events
- Launch of agrofood plastpack Ethiopia 2017 in Addis Ababa with the participation of 2,615 visitors from 33 countries and 60 exhibitors from 14 countries
- Celebrating 25 years of cooperation with Palar Samaneh, Tehran
- Celebrating 25 years fairtrade 1991 – 2016
Messe Düsseldorf enters as an equal partner with fairtrade into cooperation for plast & printpack alger
- iran telecom innovations: a record number of 225 exhibitors (+32%) from 23 countries showcased a broad picture of the Iranian ICT market and discussed business with more than 40,000 professional visitors
- Biggest ever iran food + bev tec, iran food + hospitality and iran agro with 1,443 exhibitors from 49 countries and 40,000+ visitors
- Very successful agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria – Visitor numbers up 26% to 1,704 and 86 exhibitors from 21 countries
- Celebrating 20 years elcomUkraine with 190 exhibitors and 7,080 visitors
- 41% more visitors at extremely successful plast & printpack alger with 166 exhibitors from 16 countries and 4,360 visitors
- Launch of AfricaBuild Lagos 2016 in Nigeria in cooperation with ITE with the participation of 91 exhibitors from 16 countries and 1,223 visitors
- Launch agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria in Lagos, Nigeria with the participation of 91 exhibitors from 26 countries and 1,349 visitors
- Start cooperation with ITE on AfricaBuild Lagos 2016
- Biggest ever iran food + bev tec, iran food + hospitality and iran agro with 947 exhibitors from 22 countries and 30,000+ visitors
- Vienna agreement between Iran and world powers of 14 July 2015
- To mark the new era of Doing Business in Iran and to take account of the technological developments in the past 15 years, iran telecom has been renamed in iran telecom innovations and a new logo was introduced
- Record number of visitors at iran telecom innovations 2015 with 40,000+
- Re-launch of fairtrade-messe.de in responsive design
- 15 years iran telecom, with 32,000+ industry professionals discussing business with more than 200 exhibitors from 17 countries
- Very successful plast & printpack alger with 161 exhibitors from 24 countries and 3,083 visitors
- Start cooperation with AHK Nigeria and Nigerian-German Business Association for agrofood & plastprintpack Nigeria
- Launch of the fairtrade interactive Industry Portals “energy and electro”, “plast print pack” and “agrofood”.
Exhibitors and visitors can connect before, during and after the event.
The entry is activated all year round, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Benefits: Detailed profile of company and products; B2B: Possibility to make appointments for the event; Maximum exposure to targeted buyers; Continuous visibility of products and services. Exhibitors are contacted by our editorial team to help create the listing so that customers can easily locate their services through the powerful search engine.
- 20 years iran agro, iran food + bev tec and iran food + hospitality, with 32,200 industry professionals discussing business with 766 exhibitors from 17 countries
- 10 years daughter company “Eurl fairtrade expo” in Algiers
- 15 years iran telecom in Tehran
- Launch agrofood & plastprintpack West Africa in Accra, Ghana
- Start cooperation with AHK Accra on WACEE 2013 in Accra, Ghana
- Launch of the fairtrade interactive Industry Portal for electro, automation & energy; for plast & printpack alger; for iran agro, iran food + bev tec and iran food & hospitality; for elec expo & EneR Event.
- 20 years cooperation with Palar Samaneh in Tehran
- Start cooperation with Pegasus on iftech food + bev tec and Plasti & Pack in Karachi, Pakistan
- Start cooperation with Siberia Expo and Euroindex on elcomRossija in Novosibirsk, Russia
- Start cooperation with Duale Hochschule (University of Cooperative Education) Baden-Württemberg in Mannheim to train students with degree Bachelor of Arts - Department of Business Administration - Exhibition, Convention and Event Management (duration 3 years; earlier Diplom-Betriebswirt/in BA).
- Eurl fairtrade expo Algeria’s management system gets ISO 9001:2008 certified
- Launch of the first fairtrade interactive Industry Portal for elec expo.
- Exhibitors and visitors can connect before, during and after the event. The entry is activated all year round, 365 days a year, 24 hours a day. Benefits: Detailed profile of company and products; B2B: Possibility to make appointments for the event; Maximum exposure to targeted buyers; Continuous visibility of products and services. Exhibitors are contacted by our editorial team to help create the listing so that customers can easily locate their services through the powerful search engine.
- 20 years fairtrade
- 15 years elcomUkraine in Kiev
- elec expo & EneR Event in Casablanca, Morocco, start cooperation with Fenelec and Forum7
- Launch plast alger in Algiers, Algeria
- 15 years of cooperation with Euroindex in Kiev
- fairtrade becomes member of ufi- The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry
- plast expo, alitec and printpack expo maroc in Casablanca, Morocco. Start cooperation with FMP and Forum7
- Start cooperation with Forum 7 on Salon Santé in Casablanca, Morocco
- 10 years cooperation with Forum7 in Casablanca
- fairtrade Germany’s management system gets ISO 9001 : 2008 certified
- 10 years iran telecom in Tehran
- Launch printpack alger in Algiers, Algeria
- Launch electro, automation & energy in Algiers, Algeria
- Start of cooperation with Safex, Algiers on SIAC in Algiers, Algeria
- Integrate new event Djaz.IT alongside with alger telecomp in Algiers, Algeria
- Beginning of the training of students with degree Bachelor of Arts - Department of Business Administration - Exhibition, Convention and Event Management (duration 3 years; earlier Diplom-Betriebswirt/in BA) in cooperation with the Duale Hochschule (University of Cooperative Education) Baden-Württemberg in Ravensburg. With practical training at fairtrade and with the study at the University of Cooperative Education, students combine practical and academic training in the best possible way.
- Launch of Finance Tec in Algiers, Algeria
- Diversification of iran agrofood into iran agro, iran food + bev tec, iran food + hospitality
- Launch Telecom Arabiya in Manama, Bahrain
- Start cooperation with the Algerian ministry of Public Works and with IMAG, Munich on SITP
- Established “Eurl fairtrade expo” as 100% daughter company in Algiers, Algeria
- Established fairtrade Branch Office in Dubai, United Arab Emirates as platform for Middle East activities
- Launch alger energy in Algiers, Algeria
- 10 years cooperation with Palar Samaneh in Tehran
- Start supporting SOS VILLAGE D’ENFANTS in Algiers and Casablanca
10 years fairtrade
Launch alger telecomp in Algiers, Algeria
- Launch iran telecomp in Tehran, Iran
- Launch Telecomp Maroc in Casablanca, Morocco
- Launch Cairo agrofood in Cairo, Egypt
- Start cooperation with Forum7 in Casablanca
- Established fairtrade Office in Heliopolis, Cairo - Egypt for activities in North Africa
- Established fairtrade Tashkent office in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Launch elcomUkraine in Kiev, Ukraine
- Launch Cairo Telecomp in Cairo, Egyp
- Launch Caucasia agrofood and elcom Caucasia in Tblissi, Georgia
- Launch Central Asia Shoe + Textile in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Launch elcom Asia and Central Asia agrofood in Tashkent, Uzbekistan
- Launch elcom Siberia in Novosibirsk, Russia
- Launch elcom Ural and Ural agrofood in Yekaterinburg, Russia
- Launch of Baltic Agrofood in Riga, Latvia
- Launch Vietnam agrofood in Saigon
- Start cooperation with Euroindex, Kiev
- Start building up a powerful network of agencies and partnerships throughout the world
- Launch agro Asia & elcom Asia in Almaty, Kazakhstan
- Launch iran agrofood in Tehran, Iran
- Launch electroBalt in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Established fairtrade Vilnius office as a fairtrade daughter company in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Launch first fairtrade shows Baltic Info & Baltic Shoe + Textile in Vilnius, Lithuania
- Start cooperation with Palar Samaneh, Tehran